The 5 Best Supplement Ingredients You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
Stabilized Rice Bran
Alpinial Galangal Extra
Prickly Pear Cactus
In this day in age, there’s typically two camps. Those that think you can everything you need through food, and those who believe in the power of nutritional supplements. Well, I personally believe the science is irrefutable that supplements can be powerful, in addition to a healthy diet of course. The two camps don’t have to mutually exclusive, rather they should be mutually inclusive. Like many topics in our world, people tend to be drawn to polar opposing views, rather than meeting in the middle; however, when it comes to nutrition and supplements, people really should meet in the middle.
And I can’t help myself. I just typed “meet in the middle,” which is one of the top 5 songs ever created in the history of music by one of the best bands to have ever been assembled. This my fellow humanoid, is NOT DEBATABLE. Enjoy this little morsel of pure wisdom from the one and only, Diamond Rio (just make sure you come back and read the rest of the article….it’s easy to get lost in the twang twang):
Good luck getting that jam out of your mind for the rest of your life. You can thank me later 😉
Unless you’re a super nerd and study this stuff, chances are you’ve never heard of these 5 ingredients. I like to think I’m one of those nerds, but even I, until recently, had only been aware of 1 of the 5, astaxanthin. Let’s break these 5 down quickly and learn what makes them so powerful.
Stabilized Rice Bran
- Stabilized rice bran is a unique, natural source of essential vitamins and minerals, essential amino acids, Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, and both soluble and insoluble fiber. It provides dietary fiber, protein, and a variety of beneficial antioxidants. In addition, stabilized rice bran contains vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients that may help support healthy cholesterol levels, maintain natural immune system function, as well as support the body’s natural defense against free radicals.
- Stabilized rice bran is the most nutrient dense ingredient known at this time
Alpinial Galangal Extract
- Stimulation free energy ingredient that provides fast, effective, and safe energy with no crash. In a 53 person, double blind, double dummy human clinical trial, EnXtra (Alpinial Galangal Extract) was shown to improve mental altertness and acuity for up to 5 hours without increasing heart rate or blood pressure. It can be used as a replacement for caffeine or used with caffeine to prevent crash and prolong the benefits.
- 2019 Sports Nutrition Ingredient of the Year.
- Natural combination of ancient peat and apple polyphenols clinically shown to increase levels of endogenous ATP and support improved strength, power, and performance in resistance trained athletes.
- Supports increased lean muscle and strength. Promotes increased power output and training volume. Helps reduce performance decrements associated with overreaching. Helps improved athletic performance and body composition. Supports higher levels of mitochondrial ATP production.
- 2018 Sports Nutrition Ingredient of the Year.
- Astaxanthin is the most powerful antioxidant known to science. It’s power comes from its unique structure that allows it to quench free radicals in the inner and outer layer of the cell membrane, unlike other antioxidants.
- Is 500 times stronger than Vitamin E. 560 times stronger than green tea catechins. 3000 times stronger than resveratol. 6000 times stronger than vitamin C.
- Improves muscle endurance and has been found to reduce lactic acid build up and reduce fatigue. Astaxanthin can help improve the symptoms linked to excessive computer and digital device use such as eye fatigue, eye irritation, and blurred vision. Has been shown to revitalize photoaged skin by quenching oxidative stress in all skin layers. Reduces the size of wrinkles and improves skin microtexture. Improves elasticity in the skin by strengthening collagen layer. Improves the immune system response, strengthens and balances the immune system. Enhances antibody production. Protects immune cells against oxidative stress
Prickly Pear Cactus
- Variations of Prickly Pear Cactus have been used by indigenous men for ages. Prickly Pear Extract appears to help with recovery following exercise or excessive alcohol consumption.
- Has been shown to help with digestive health due to its concentration of fiber, promoting healthy stool, reducing constipation, and reducing gastrointestinal issues.
- Helps decrease blood sugar levels, so may be helpful for those with type II diabetes.
- Not surprisingly, athletes have turned to prickly pear cactusto get more energy in the gym, to reduce post-exercise muscle soreness, to speed recovery and to reduce the chances of getting DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Prickly pear extract has proven remarkably useful as an ergogenic recovery.
So, did you know about these 5 ingredients?
Diamond Rio did.
alpinia galangal extract, antioxidants, astaxanthin, elevatp, ergogenic aid, nutrition, performance, prickly pear catcus, recovery, sports nutrition, stabilized rice bran, superfoods, supplements